Sample Cover Letter
August 30, 2004
Director of Loss Prevention
City, State Zip
Dear Mr. Jones: (Use a name whenever possible)
I am interested in your Regional Loss Prevention Manager position and feel that my Loss Prevention management qualifications and experience, coupled with my partnering skills would be advantageous to your needs. Some of my accomplishments have been:
- Manage Loss Prevention efforts in a 100 store region, with a sales volume of $500 million.
- Directly supervise two District Loss Prevention Managers and five Loss Prevention Detectives.
- Administered the Western Region Shrinkage Awareness Program. Following the rollout of this program, shrinkage was reduced by $1 million dollars annually.
- Created and executed a comprehensive shrinkage compliance reporting program, including associate scorecards, and key performance reporting.
- Conducted Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals, bid analyses, supplier negotiations, contracts and installation of CCTV equipment within the Region.
- Created a Regional Shrink Task Force with Sr. Management, which was later rolled out to the entire chain.
I would like the opportunity to discuss your needs personally and look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.